Badam Pista Kulfi


Badam Pista Kulfi












I really cant say im a big fan of kulfis (I am more into ice creams and chocolate is the religion
I follow ;) )but being brought up in India there's no way that you could not like the kulfi. and I am no different I like my kulfis occasionally and in the summer months I also enjoy making them. every time  kulfi making comes up in our house my hubby has to bring up the time that I made chocolate kulfi with the twist of a drop or two of tobasco sauce in it just for the kick. I made this batch for a party we had, but my hubby began choking the minute he tasted it before the party, what's funny is it tasted fine to me and later even the guests dint notice a thing. but till date my hubby warns me saying I hope there's no chili in the kulfi this time.




This particular time that I did make kulfi was on special demand from my 4 year old daughter,  who by the looks of it is my boss in many matters. I did decide to make it but alas I had no saffron in my kitchen (I wanted to make the kesar pista kulfi) so I made do with what was around (the greatness of indian cooking is make something glorious with what you have). I am glad to say it was a success and greatly loved by everybody, Sona included. I have used regular toned milk and not full cream because I am just lazy, you could use full cream.





And since Sona wanted a stick in hers just like the kind she eats in lajpat nagar or sarojini nagar I ended breaking one of the satay sticks I had and stuck them into the kulfi.


I got 4 kulfis out of 500ml of milk, just so that helps In the quantity for you.






Ingredients

1/2 ltr milk
7 heaped tablespoon sugar (can reduce or increase according to taste)
cardamom/ealichi powder 2 teaspoon
a handful of pista
a handful of badam

Method
 
soak the pista and badam separately for atleast 4-5 hours. peel them and chop up to bits, you could slice them aswell, the choice is yours.


boil milk mostly on sim fire until it reduces by atleast 1/4, at this point put in the sugar and let it boil some more to reduce to half the quantity( since I used 1/2 ltr I reduced it to about 1/4 ltr) at this point it will be a little thick so you can add the pista, badam and the elaichi powder. boil for a minute or two more, then switch off the gas and let the mixture cool. once cool pour into kulfi moulds and freeze for atleast 4-5 hours, overnight works great. and serve with a sprinkling of some of the dry fruits.

don't fill the moulds till the brink the kulfis will take some space while freezing so abtout 3/4th is fine. to de mould warm some water in a cup and dunk the frozen mould in it for 2-3 seconds and try de moulding.


 

















 

Comments

Popular Posts