Potol Bhaja

        

                                       Potol Bhaja


Regularly  I would make potol into a sabzi since I really did not know what to with this wonderful veggy, I got introduced to it only post my marriage. So the sabzi was the one way of making it that I had learnt from my hubby and quite honestly I seemed to have taken a liking towards it. When I was  visiting my in laws I saw that  Ma was using it in many other ways, the bhaja form was one that I experienced during that visit and I liked it so there it continues to be made in my kitchen aswell. of course the potol isn't limited only to making bhajas or fry but even the curries are a great option. like the potol poshto (my mils fav) or potol dolma or even your regular potol and aloo curry (yes I call everything with a  gravy as curry, so please forgive me, I am after all a born Manglorean) either ways a potol is a pretty versatile veg and its a summer veg so you wouldn't find it all thru the year and if you did the prices would make a small hole in your pocket, as a budget friendly house wife I don't prefer that. So when its in season and in abundance potol we do eat. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.


Ingredients


Potol 150-200 gms
Turmeric/Haldi 2 tsp
salt about 2-3 tsp according to taste.
mustard oil or sunflower oil for shallow frying.

Method

slice the potol lengthwise into 6 slices. and sprinkle turmeric and salt and keep aside atleast for 10-15 minutes.
once marinated a little heat oil in a kadai or frying pan and once oil is hot place potol into the pan till its filled and fry to your tasting (I like mine a little crispy but you may like it a little tender so fry accordingly)once done strain and keep aside. serve with rice and Dal or just munch on it while you wait for your meal.


 

Comments

Popular Posts