Fiery Fried Chicken

Spicy Crispy Fried Chicken




I made this chicken fry a few weeks ago, but just haven't been able to find time to share the recipe, until today. Its quite interesting how I came up with this recipe. A few days before I made this dish my hubby showed me a video that he came across on Facebook. It was a video of a man making a fired chicken In the outdoors. I quite like the idea and found it interesting, but didn't anything about it. A few days post watching the video I realized that I was a bit obsessed with it and couldn't get it out of my mind. The weekend arrives and at home the usual discussion begins about what do we make....and I just tell my hubby I think I want to try that video kind of chicken but in my on version maybe I will bake it, I really had no clue as to what the end result would be, all I did know was that the chicken better be like that video. So hubby dear left for the market and I picked the phone up and tried finding the video over facebook...no luck there, then I switch to youtube, but I didn't  have the chefs name nor any info. That's when my guessing game began, I searched for fried chicken no luck there..finally I ended up typing  fried chicken in outdoors, and voila I found the video I was looking for. Watched it again to get a better idea and came up with this Indianised version. And whoa did it taste great, Total hit even with my daughter.

It was Almazan kitchen is the maker of the original fried chicken that I made my own version of. I am  sharing  the link so even you guys could have a look at the mouthwatering recipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Q3cNKoYxI&t=669s

Some of you might feel that the chicken is burnt but trust me it didn't taste burnt. The char gave it great texture so don't be afraid to fry it well, cause on the inside it was soft and juicy and very succulent. We had it both for lunch and dinner and even in the night the taste was just as good as afternoon. I have also used the organs here, I just fished them out once i felt they had fried well enough, my hubby enjoys it with his beer. But if you aren't fond of the organs just leave them out. And if you want you could marinate it overnight, however i just marinated for about a hour or so it still tasted fantastic and was succulent. Hope you enjoy it aswell.

Ingredients

For Marinade

A whole chicken cut in 4 big pieces (around 1kilo +/-200gms)
2 heaped tablespoon curd
2 teaspoon chilli powder
1-2 green chillies (depending on taste can increase or decrease)
1 big chunk ginger the size of your thumb
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon pepper corn
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon vinegar
salt to taste

For Frying

oil about 1/4-1/2 cup
1 whole garlic bulb
1 medium onion

Method

Clean the chicken and let the water drain.
Grind ginger, green chilli, pepper into a coarse mix.
In a big bowl, put in all the ingredients for  marinating and mix well and let the chicken get marinated well for atleast an hour.
Once the chicken has marinated well enough heat oil for shallow frying the chicken, add just enough oil so the whole chicken will get fried evenly. Try avoiding too much oil because after makig this the oil cant be used again.
Take a whole onion and smash it with something heavy around the kitchen, smash the garlic aswell.
Now toss onion and garlic into the hot oil with the skin and all. On top of this add the chicken and fry on high heat for first 4-5 minutes. Then flip the chicken and let the other side get some colour then reduce the flame to medium and cook for another 10-12 minutes with a lid on. Flip again and cook for another 12 minutes with a lid on.
Once the chicken is cooked remove from pan and let it sit covered for about 5-7 minutes then serve.
Now check if the chickens done.







Comments

Popular Posts