French Toast

 French Toast

 This is definately a childhood favorite of mine and I am proud to say My daughter has followed me in this journey.

My  dad would deep fry it for me, and hence my mum completely hated it because it totally ruined the oil. But I once came across a aunty who would just shallow fry it and woah did it work so ever since then thats how I make it aswell, its saves a ton of oil and effort. So whats not to like, Right?? This recipe should make around 6-8 bread slices.

Ingredients

2 eggs
3/4- 1 cup milk
sugar 4 tablespoon(add more if you want it to be sweeter)
bread (preferably stale)
oil for frying

Method

Mix the sugar and milk together, once sugar has dissolved break in the eggs and whisk well and make a nice rich custard. Now heat a fry pan or tawa and grease the pan then dip the bread slice into the custard and shake off the excess (or you will have a eggy french toast which isn't a great thing). Place over the hot pan and then pour over a teaspoon or two of oil so it doesn't burn, fry over medium flame until cooked on one side then flip and fry on the other side aswell, Once done take it off the pan and repeat until you have used up all the custard  or if you feel its a bit too much You could always use as much as you need and pop a lid on the custard and keep it in the fridge and use it with in a week.
You could serve by sprinkling powdered sugar or with some fruits on the side but it tastes great just as it is.


Comments

Popular Posts