Rava Ladoo

 Rava Ladoo

        Semolina Fudge Balls

 Rava Ladoo always brings back memories from the summer holidays. All our dabbas would be filled with chakli, mixture, ladoos and burfis. And as a child I did like the ladoo and chalis most. This recipe is my mums and not just the recipe but it has also been made by my mum especially for me to feature in the blog. 

To be honest I wanted to do a special edition which included and honoured the women in my life and of course their food, unfortunately I managed only getting one from my mum and another from my Mil. So hopefully In the near future I could manage doing it. Anyways for now this is what I have and the summer holidays are still on so do try making them.


Ingredients

Fine Rava/semolina 2 cups
3/4 cup cashew cut into bits
1/2  cup raisins
1/2 cup ghee
1 cup sugar + 10-12 elaichi/cardamom powdered
lukewarm milk around 3/4 cup.







Method

Roast the rava along with cashews nicely until the raw smell is gone, but be very careful to not brown the rava. Once roasted add the ghee and mix well and roast for around 4-5 minutes on very low flame. Once the ghee is fried well with the rava add in the raisins and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Now take off the heat and add in the sugar half first, mix it nicely and taste and check how much more you would need and add accordingly. Now let it sit until its easy to handle.

Once the mixture is not very hot add in some luke warm milk and mix little and start making ladoos. Dont pour in all the milk at once. Do it little by little and quickly and keep it on a plain surface once shaped to dry. After an hour or so you will see the ladoos have hardened and now can be stored ina air tight box or jar. This would last for a week to ten days. If you want it to last longer you could try storing in fridge (i have never stored in fridge coz they never last for over a week).





Comments

Popular Posts